Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tie- Up


THE TIE UP
Knock, knock…
Who is there?
I am there.
Who are you?
I am a writer.
What the hell are you doing there?
I want to see the light of the day. I want to get out of the cupboard.
So?
So, please help me out.
I am not interested in helping you out. Anyways, I am not a helping soul.
You can’t do that.
And why not?
Because we have a tie up.
What tie-up?
If you will not bring me out. You will die.
Is this some kind of fucking joke?
No, this is reality.
This is my reality. This is the reality of every writer. We don’t write for any other reason. But we write because we are afraid to die. Every person knows that he/she is going to die one day. I also know that I am going to die. But somehow when I write, I feel immortal. I feel that time will not be able to touch me. And if there is one reason on planet earth why I write, this is the reason.
I hate writing. Yes. I curse myself for choosing this lonely profession. Yes. Yet, I know I will not give up. And this is the only reason. It’s a tie-up. Either I write or I die. I think I will choose to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment