Monday, January 21, 2013

Funny Thing About Relationships



THE FUNNY THING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS
I am realizing a funny truth. Any person who has ever been serious about losing weight will never say that it is not important to know his body. Any person who wants to excel in the field of his choosing will never say that education in his area of expertise is not important. But most of the people will assume that knowing about relationship and its dynamics are not important. They feel that they know it. If you will ask them how they know it, they will not be able to tell. But they just know that they know. This is the funny thing. 

Relationship are more if not less complicated than making money, having sex, staying thin or working your way to top- yet people are not willing to accept it. They are not ready to learn about it. They are not ready to work for it. Why? 

We feel that because we have a husband or a wife, we understand marriage.
We feel that because we have kids, we understand parenting.
We feel that because we have parents, we understand how they affected our lives. 

No, we don’t know anything. And this ignorance can cause you a life time of loneliness and sadness. And yet, people are not ready to understand the importance of the art of human relationship to run their lives. 

I am ready to work on my relationship. I don’t want to buy the stupid thought that if I will work on my relationship I would not be able to make money or career. It is the most stupid pep-thought. Sadly it is ingrained in us with such ferocity that we really put relationship behind in life to go ahead. No, if there is any meaning to anything, it is relationship. It is important for me that I should be able to love my life partner. It is important for me that I should be able to parent my child. It is important for me that I should be able to stand by my family and friends. And no, it doesn’t make me less of a professional. 

I am not going to let stupid people force me into believing that relationships are not important.

No comments:

Post a Comment